Security is set up for your safety. It is our top priority to make sure you are safe. Please allow a fair amount of time between boarding and security check as it may take some time.
Only one small hand baggage is allowed onboard. Please check with your airline the good size and weight of your hand baggage to be brought onboard.
One of the most visible aspects of the security process is making sure our passengers do not take on-board prohibited items. Help us to make this quicker for you, by following a few guidelines.
Knowing what’s allowed and what’s not allowed before you arrive – as well as allowing yourself plenty of time to follow all the security procedures when you get to the Airport – will save you time and inconvenience and make your journey more enjoyable.
Please follow this advice:
- Have your boarding pass ready to scan – your passport is not required at security.
- Have all your liquid toiletries (including creams, gels, pastes, sprays and aerosols) in one transparent re-sealable plastic bag of 20cm x 20cm in size ready to be x-rayed separately from your bag.
- All liquid toiletries must be in containers 100ml/100g or less in size. This includes electronic cigarettes.
- Take your laptop, iPad, Kindle and any other similar, large electrical items out of your hand baggage to be x-rayed separately.
- Remove coats, jackets and belts. They will need to be x-rayed along with your bag.
- You may be asked to remove your shoes before going through the security archway